Rifle and Pistol Club
- This program is offered for free use to
anyone who wishes to experiment either with calculating cartridge
performance, or as an aid to estimating bullet impact point at various
- The program runs under either Microsoft GW
Basic, or Microsoft Quick Basic
(Q BASIC) and there are Batch Files to handle
- The program is largely based on that
contained in the NRA Handbook, issue3 (the NRA of America, not
the NRA of Great Britain). You are free to modify the program as you
wish and to experiment with it as required. However
I am afraid that if you do not know how to follow the basic program
setting-up steps laid out below, then unfortunately no additional help is
available on this site, you will need to find your very own Guru.
To use the program:
- 1) Download the file,
(28Kb) and save it as: T.BAS
- 2) Download the Batch File for either
GW Basic, or the more up-to-date
as required and save it as: T.BAT
- 3) Put both 1 and 2 above in the same
directory as your copy of either GW Basic or Quick Basic.
- 4) Assuming that you are running any copy of
Windows from version 3.1 onwards, install the above Batch File (T.BAT)
in a program group of your choice, e.g. "Ballistics" and make T.BAT
the target file to start the program.
- 5) It is thought that the program will run on
other versions of Basic, but has only been tested on the above two.
- 6) As far as I can tell the program is
accurate and is useful for sighting-in at long range.
Back to top
Back to home page